July 29th marked 5 years since the breakthrough discovery from Duke University that ATP1A3 mutations cause 80% of the cases of alternating hemiplegia of childhood was published in Nature: Genetics. Since then there have been dozens of research publications on AHC (including a number funded by Cure AHC), and the hope that breakthroughs in treatment/cure will come in the next 5 to 10 years is stronger than ever! Here is just a small sample of what we have accomplished over the past few years:
- Established the ONLY Multidisciplinary clinic for AHC at Duke University , which has seen and consulted with nearly 100 AHC Champions and their caregivers, ranging in age for 18 months to 45 years old.
- Funded/supported published research
- Helped create the AHC Documentary through financial and logistics support
- Largest funder of the ATP1A3 Symposium Series
- Major funder of AHC-OBSERV natural history project of the IAHCRC
- Co-Funder of the IAHCRC CLOUD platform
You can help us keep the momentum going with your donation!